Thursday, October 13, 2016

Welcome to the Twig & Tale Blog Tour

welcome if you have stopped in here to check out our adventures on the
Twig and Tale Blog Tour
'Where imagination Runs Wild'
those of you who have visited before will know I have sewn lots of wonderful patterns
from Big Little
this tour is to celebrate their name change to
Twig and Tale
same amazing patterns but now in a lovely new format
I love these patterns for their vintage aesthetic
and the emphasis on using gorgeous fabric and upcycling
I chose to make the Traveller Cape with a Pixie Hood
 and the Pixie Shorts
 Otis headed out on a wee adventure to show them off for you
checking his big brothers are following him
were very generous in sponsoring the tour
and picking which of their fabrics to use was probably the hardest bit
in the end I chose the most gorgeous Luna Rising Shadow fabric
from the Forest Floor Collection
I used it to line my cape and make the wee shorts
my outer wool fabric was a thrift store find
and I chose to close the cape with wee wool ties
with my favourite thing...PomPoms
I even took some fabric to the store to match the wool colours
and made two different pompoms
Ang kindly made me 4 strand plaits 
the same way you plait poi strings
my little Forest Moth
or maybe a little patupaiarehe
in Maori mythology patupaiarehe are pale skinned, red headed fairies
who live in the forests

I so love this outfit on him
the wee pixie shorts have pockets which is super important
for wee boys who like to collect things
and the cape makes it super easy for him to climb
and jump

and a wee shout out to his big brothers
who explored with him so I could snap pictures


What would a Blog Tour be without a giveaway!
Art Gallery Fabrics is kindly sponsoring 2 yards of Art Gallery fabric of your choice
. To make the prize extra sweet, we are also adding a collection of 
5 Twig + Tale patterns of your choice.
International entries are very welcome.
 Our bloggers come from every corner of the world
 to celebrate the global nature of Twig +Tale too.
Enter using the rafflecopter below.
(The winning entry will be checked to ensure all criteria are met).

and a second wee giveaway from me
I had a little Art Gallery fabric left over so used the 
to make these wee Luna Moth shoes in size 12 months
if you would like them
 just leave me a comment below
 and I will draw a winner at the end of the blog tour
(happy to post internationally)

don't forget to check out all the other fabulous
Twig & Tale and Art Gallery creations
 on the blog tour

24 comments:

  1. He looks adorable and those pompoms are a super nice addition. Those shoes are just perfect, I love the fact that you added those antenna's to make them true moths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling forest moth! And those shoes are just fabulous!!! If I don't win them I'm definitely going to copy them. ;) (So yes, that was a tiny announcement...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The Luna moth theme is so creative and the shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much...it was beautiful fabric

      Delete
  4. This ensemble is just so adorable - a fair skinned red headed Pixie indeed! How generous of you to give away those darling shoes - I trust they will go to someone who will really love them :) Thanks for joining in, Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome moth cape and the little shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuteness all round! Love love love the added pom poms too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...I really love pom poms

      Delete
  7. So cute...I love these pictures. Devine with the added pom pom touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are gorgeous!!! My little 3 month old would love them cos her mummy can't get her act together to make a pair for her!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are just so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If he and his outfit aren't just flat out adorable I don't know what is! Great job on colors and the upcycling :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If that is just flat out adorable I don't know what is! Great choice on color selection and upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much...I think anyone would look cute in a pixie hood though

      Delete
  12. Nadine4:02 PM

    I just love your sons outfit! Im about to make my first twig and tale pattern this week, the wild things coat. I absolutely adore the Luna moth shoes, theyd be adorable on my 7 month old daughter, Luna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the wild things coat is a great pattern...we have a few in our wardrobe. You definitely need this fabric to match your daughters lovely name

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous little shoes. Such a lovely opportunity to win. I'm so glad to have your blog and looking forward to reading over your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for coming over to read my post

      Delete